Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Last Post of the Year 2009


Hello all, I have been struggling a lot whether to write about a new year eve post for the past week as I had actually wrote a post on Farewell 2009, Welcome 2010 earlier back. Yes, I had finally make up my mind I shall make a post on the last post for 2009. I bet most of us have been constantly hearing people speaking, blogging or discussing about New Year Resolutions. Anyone reading this post got all your resolutions listed out ready before the clock ticks 12am tonight? Congratulations to you if you have made it.

While I was driving just now, I listened to the DJ was talking about "Do you make resolutions for 2010 a not?" So, there's a 12 years old girl called in and asked why do people need to make resolutions on a new year but why not everyday? She is the kind of person that make resolutions daily instead of yearly she think is not appropriate. I partly agree with her; nevertheless, I still think a new year resolutions for 2010 is essential as a guideline for the coming new year. Or should I explain this in another more formal way: In organization point of view, resolutions for a year is like a Vision, more of like long-term; while Daily Resolutions are more like Tactical Planning which explains short term. What I would probably say is why not we combining both and the power of synergy eventually emerged from there.

Funny human beings know the importance of making resolutions while at the same time I see people "screw" making resolutions to welcome a brand new year. It doesn't mean they make bad resolutions or whatsoever. No resolutions are bad as long as you realized it & no resolutions are perfect if you designed it out and leave it on the desk for dust-keeping purposes. The reason why I said they screw the process of making their resolutions is that they don't bother to making resolutions for themselves. They probably anticipating they will not achieve the resolutions or might not even near it; so they screw making new year resolutions. Some might think they are cool but I personally think they screw their life as much as they screw at making new year resolutions. (No offense to friends or bloggers who don't give a damn at making new year resolutions)

It is said that one is more likely to achieve one's goals by envisioning and literally writing them down. This is the main formula for achieving the resolutions, I supposed.

Year 2009 has been a fruitful year for me although it started not so well in the beginning of the year. Things eventually got better after all it has been a learning decade for me and the journey of learning shall continue. Along the way, I wouldn't say I achieved super-duper successful achievement. But, I am seriously contented with what I have achieved for the year 2009. It's been like a daily arm forces training for me, having too many goals to be achieved at first but deviated by different kind of temptations in life too soon before you realized. I climbed, and I tripped, then I keep climbing and keep tripping day by day till I learned Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results by Albert Einstein. Soon, I realized the determination to prove myself is my ultimate motivation for me. Everyone has got a different motivation to your life, be it anything. As long as you stick to it and it will leads you to the right path.

I'm thankful to God for His mighty power in blessing me throughout the year. Of course, followed by my family members that be with me in all shitty moments & gone through it with me. Then, my dear Alvy Sim, another important person in my life that being together with me to share my laughter, tears, joy, disappointment, and pride. I also would like to thank to my university mates that providing me continuous supports. I appreciate it and would like to thank them from the bottom of my heart. People come and go in life, very seldom we see people stay. I'm going to do my very best in helping each and everyone around me with all I can. After all, life is not merely about demanding from others but we should be more concern about giving out to others. I have bunch of friends and mates that been really helpful and supportive and a special thanks to them.

Together we welcome the year 2010 with the heart of achieving greater and better goals in life. For those who have achieved the goals, keep going & think big to reach the better & higher ultimate goals. For those haven't achieved your goals, don't be discouraged and you should learned from the past & identify what are the things that you didn't do which make you go out of the track. Never give up is what you need to geared up in your attitude right now. Whatever it is, we don't stop at where we are. You will not go anywhere if you stand still at one place. Isn't it? For those who don't plan for their life, they should start planning.

I wish all of you luck, no matter you are my family, friends, bloggers, or maybe silent readers. Let's celebrate the new year with joy & happiness. Be safe & God Bless.

Signing out.

6 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

all the best in the new year..
happy new year 2010! =)

kenwooi.com

Anonymous said...

happy new year!

Christine said...

Happy New Year to you too.. Thanks for dropping by my blog..Hope u like it.. =)

Anonymous said...

Happy new year to you too and thanks for dropping by (:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year!


May you NOT break your new year's resolutions (; haha!

Kevin said...

@keenwooi: Thanks for dropping by! Happy New Year to you too!

@jg: Happy New Year too!

@Christine: Thanks! No problem. We support each other. Remember to re-visit yeah?

@queen grace: Thanks for dropping by back. Have a blast in the year 2010.

@Rebecca: Thanks for coming here. Yea, let's keep our finger cross that I will not break them :)